Road tripping in beautiful Arizona offers so many wonderful destinations and options, it’s truly incredible. Here is our brief list of the top five road trips in Arizona, brought to you by all of us at Painter Collision Center, with locations in Queen Creek and Chandler, AZ.
1. Explore Kartchner Caverns: Most visitors in Arizona don’t anticipate finding spectacular caverns in the “Grand Canyon State.” However, just 9 miles south of Benson and approximately 60 minutes south of Tucson is Kartchner Caverns State Park. This beautiful show cave has 2.5 miles of passages through the limestone caverns aging 50,000 years plus. Be sure to check out the hummingbird garden at the entrance of the park and keep in mind that cameras are not allowed in the caverns. This is an easy road trip for families visiting Tucson and want to explore all that Southern Arizona has to offer.
2. Drive to the London Bridge: You may be thinking, “How would it be possible to see the London Bridge on a road trip in Arizona?” Surprise the family by taking them to Lake Havasu City where the original London Bridge lives today. Sold to the United States in the 1960’s, this iconic bridge towers over Arizona’s Lake Havasu. Besides seeing the bridge, you’ll also enjoy swimming at the lake and renting boats, jet skis and kayaks. Be sure to check out the Lake Havasu Museum of History then head over to the Lake Havasu City Aquatic Center for waterslides, a wave pool, and much more!
3. Marvel at the Painted Desert: Head 90 miles east of Flagstaff for stunning badlands and the unique Petrified Forest National Park. Your road trip to the Painted Desert will be filled with vast Arizona skies, cacti, and quite possibly the most amazing sunset you’ve seen in your life. There are several hikes around the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest worth the views, including Red Basin and Blue Mesa. Don’t forget to bring the camera to capture the bright colors and family fun.
4. Old Town Scottsdale: From shopping and restaurants to some of the best golf courses in the state, Old Town Scottsdale has everything you need for the perfect road trip. Stay in a vacation rental in Old Town to be within walking distance of the attractions and restaurants. Spend a date night at Bandera then walk over to Robert Indiana’s “LOVE” sculpture for the perfect selfie opportunity. There’s plenty in Scottsdale for kids as well, including the OdySea Aquarium and Butterfly Wonderland.
5. Go to the Grand Canyon: No road tripper’s passport is complete without a drive to the Grand Canyon, one of the seven natural wonders of the world. The Grand Canyon is almost 2,000 miles in area, meaning you need to find the best spots to check out on your road trip. One of the most popular highlights of a Grand Canyon trip is the Bright Angel Trail on the North Rim. This trail is intermediate difficulty and has great views for photos. If you’re feeling brave, try Colorado River Rafting or ride a donkey into the Grand Canyon. Vacation rentals around the Grand Canyon are an easy way to be close to the national park while also having your own private getaway.
About Painters Collision Center
Today’s vehicles are essentially large computers on wheels, so you need a collision repair company with the right tools, equipment, and training to diagnose and fix these sophisticated machines at a high level. At Painters Collision Centers, with two locations in Chandler and Queen Creek, AZ, we stress quality, transparency, and complete accountability. People praise us for being thorough and providing over-the-top customer service on every repair. When you hire us at Painters Collision Centers, you tap into our 35 years of cumulative experience in the collision repair industry. Owners Jim and Kelly Huard aren’t just in it to win it. They’re in it to be the best!